Oct-Nov 2005, Getting started
OK I've had books for a few months, and have been reading them continously every day, even if only for ~15 mins before sleep. I started with $50 and my roll has been jumping like this (sorry, I was dumb and deleted my logs):
$50 -> $100 -> $5 -> $150 (pure grinding, here I changed to $25NL)
$150 -> $250 -> $50 (played 6-handed quite some time, but it went all to hell and after jumping up and down for a few weeks, I finally decided to start grinding $25 full ring again. I just finished Harrington's both books, and have been reading other stuff I've got.
$50 -> $230 I re-opened Harrington's first book, and read the preflop/flop chapters again. I've been playing way too loose, actually considering hands like K9o playable since you can theoretically make a straight. Pokertracker actually helped me here, showing how fucking rarely I win with straights.. So way too lose, especially with the 6-handed style still in me. I actually think I've learned more from Harrington's book the second time I've opened it. +$150 in one fine saturday.
Also, I'm pretty good with SnG's as I've won the second one I've played (3-table $5+1) and winning ~5 more altogether. If I have the patience to play these out and don't die on coinflip all-ins, I think I can guarantee a top-3 finnish in 1-table sng. Also, nobody has bested me in heads up yet, with ~8 final tables played. Harrington books stand high here, too.
So now my roll is $220, and I've got poker tracker finally working. I think I'll be playing a bit less poker for the next 2 weeks, with having to focus fully on school work. Looking forward to xmas holidays, I'm setting a goal to myself to pass $500 limit and move to $50NL (blinds $0,25/0,50). Looks quite easy now since I made $150 in a day this weekend. But that might have been just great luck, since I pretty much won all the big pots I contested.
Here's a my graph of the two following days, to remind myself of how fragile the big hands can actually be. I played most of these right, but anyway the -$45 AK vs AA with AK6 flop hurts. See Durandal on Pokerhand.org NOV 26-27, for the hands which explain the big fluctuations.
$50 -> $100 -> $5 -> $150 (pure grinding, here I changed to $25NL)
$150 -> $250 -> $50 (played 6-handed quite some time, but it went all to hell and after jumping up and down for a few weeks, I finally decided to start grinding $25 full ring again. I just finished Harrington's both books, and have been reading other stuff I've got.
$50 -> $230 I re-opened Harrington's first book, and read the preflop/flop chapters again. I've been playing way too loose, actually considering hands like K9o playable since you can theoretically make a straight. Pokertracker actually helped me here, showing how fucking rarely I win with straights.. So way too lose, especially with the 6-handed style still in me. I actually think I've learned more from Harrington's book the second time I've opened it. +$150 in one fine saturday.
Also, I'm pretty good with SnG's as I've won the second one I've played (3-table $5+1) and winning ~5 more altogether. If I have the patience to play these out and don't die on coinflip all-ins, I think I can guarantee a top-3 finnish in 1-table sng. Also, nobody has bested me in heads up yet, with ~8 final tables played. Harrington books stand high here, too.
So now my roll is $220, and I've got poker tracker finally working. I think I'll be playing a bit less poker for the next 2 weeks, with having to focus fully on school work. Looking forward to xmas holidays, I'm setting a goal to myself to pass $500 limit and move to $50NL (blinds $0,25/0,50). Looks quite easy now since I made $150 in a day this weekend. But that might have been just great luck, since I pretty much won all the big pots I contested.
Here's a my graph of the two following days, to remind myself of how fragile the big hands can actually be. I played most of these right, but anyway the -$45 AK vs AA with AK6 flop hurts. See Durandal on Pokerhand.org NOV 26-27, for the hands which explain the big fluctuations.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home