Wednesday, January 04, 2006

No Doubts

I've been going up and down with my bankroll, since moving to $50NL. There's some subtle differences between this limit, and $25NL. Most of all, I'm seeing much more all-in action, and people tend to show better hands. But they're also more eager to go all-in, with slightly weaker cards than the $25NL guys.

Today, was once again my most profitable day. Having played great poker on cash tables and with $300 up, I decided to call it a day and gather some intel on book-referee-whoring (I'll make a post on that subject after I go through with my plans). I joined a $1+0 MTT with 2k players, to revive what Harrington has taught me. After all, I haven't been playing sng's lately.

After 5 hours of great poker, lucky draws and some bad beats.. I reach my ultimate goal, of being top5. Not bad really, since this is the first MTT I really played in. Top 7 payed "ok", but this is just a great ending for my day. In the top 3, we played real poker for half an hour, and the guys were really shoulders above the opposition. Our stacks shifted back and forth, until my pocket Kings finally collapsed against 72s flopping 77x. I made $150 for my 3rd place, which gives me bragging rights to Ghostridah, who also got a top3 finish in a MTT this week.

Strange, I didn't tilt even once today, even thought I played all day. Also, I met my goal for the xmas holidays of getting 1k+ bankroll and moving to $50NL.
Life is gud ^_^b

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home