Book Whoring!
After my huge win day, I decided to take some time off playing, and spend some time with friends and loved ones. I encourage all you addicts to vary your life style, and do other things besides 8-tabling 24/7, as keeping up with your social life releaves stress, and you're much more interested in playing after a few days break. Ok, onto the subject of today's post.

BOOK WHORING
You might have found some sites on the internet, which offer you 2 books, poker tracker, chip set, and other merchandise for opening a new account on a poker site. I did some study, and decided to share my experiences.
The main criteria here you should be looking for, is a site you
1) don't have an account on yet,
2) the bonus you're getting along with your deposit,
3) the amount of time it'll take you to clear the bonus.
1 - This shouldn't be a problem for most of players, if they haven't whored everything yet. In any case, you can fill the account on your friend's or family member's name if they have a credit card.
2 - The sites offer a hugely variating bonuses, ranging from 10% to 800% etc (the higher the number, the more bullshit fineprint, read below) and you should mostly check the sites with 25% to 50% deposit bonus.
3 - Ok this is the fineprint section. Most of the sites with huge bonuses, take HUGE amount of time to clear.. I'm talking about 5000 hands! So we can easily consider this just a rakeback deal. What you should do, is check the site's definition of a RAKED HAND (this ranges from $0.05 rake on flop ($1 pot) to $0.25 rake on flop ($5 pot). Obviously, you won't be seeing much $5 pots on $25NL table. Or in worst case scenario, you'll have to play $100NL at minimum, to be realisticly able to clear it.
Next, you want to know how much "points" you're getting for a "raked hand". If there's no points bullshit (a multiplier actually) and each raked hand counts towards your bonus release goal - great. But sometimes you get like 0.3 points for each raked hand, and need 500 points to release a $50 bonus... now, is it worth grinding on $25NL tables?
So, with that covered, I'll give you my experiences of whoring Empire Poker (twice) through InternetTexasHoldem.com:
I deposited $50 through internettexasholdem.com, for a $25 bonus to be released after playing 125 raked hands. Each hand counts as raked, as long as the pot reaches $1 postflop. With $50 bankroll initially, I can 2-table $25NL, with a risk of losing a stack pretty high to bad beats.
The first thing I noticed, is how fucking slow it is to 2-table this limit tables, where the players are utter fishes.. even party players have more skills than these guys. Guys would call anything with second pair. I would often min-raise preflop or on flop, to get the pot to $1. And I'd bet slightly less than flop on most the of the hands, without even holding anything. After 2 hours of playing, I had $70 bankroll, plus the $25 releases.
I make an free cashout to my Visa for a bit under $100 (on both times). So that's $50 gained by playing, and the two books I could select freely, to be sent to me a few days after the site varified my registration. The cashout takes 4-5 days, so I haven't received it yet.. but I trust it's ok. I got an email saying the books will be up to 8 weeks in the mail to outside-US. I got the books and money 5 days later.
A few suggestions to anyone doing this:
Deposit more, so that you can play at least $50NL on 4 tables (or higher if you can handle it EV+) so you'll have each bonus cleared in like 30mins.
Overplay the bonus a bit, just to be sure the poker sites won't notice you whoring. I had 250 hands played on $25NL for 125 raked hands.
Happy whoring <3

You might have found some sites on the internet, which offer you 2 books, poker tracker, chip set, and other merchandise for opening a new account on a poker site. I did some study, and decided to share my experiences.
The main criteria here you should be looking for, is a site you
1) don't have an account on yet,
2) the bonus you're getting along with your deposit,
3) the amount of time it'll take you to clear the bonus.
1 - This shouldn't be a problem for most of players, if they haven't whored everything yet. In any case, you can fill the account on your friend's or family member's name if they have a credit card.
2 - The sites offer a hugely variating bonuses, ranging from 10% to 800% etc (the higher the number, the more bullshit fineprint, read below) and you should mostly check the sites with 25% to 50% deposit bonus.
3 - Ok this is the fineprint section. Most of the sites with huge bonuses, take HUGE amount of time to clear.. I'm talking about 5000 hands! So we can easily consider this just a rakeback deal. What you should do, is check the site's definition of a RAKED HAND (this ranges from $0.05 rake on flop ($1 pot) to $0.25 rake on flop ($5 pot). Obviously, you won't be seeing much $5 pots on $25NL table. Or in worst case scenario, you'll have to play $100NL at minimum, to be realisticly able to clear it.
Next, you want to know how much "points" you're getting for a "raked hand". If there's no points bullshit (a multiplier actually) and each raked hand counts towards your bonus release goal - great. But sometimes you get like 0.3 points for each raked hand, and need 500 points to release a $50 bonus... now, is it worth grinding on $25NL tables?
So, with that covered, I'll give you my experiences of whoring Empire Poker (twice) through InternetTexasHoldem.com:
I deposited $50 through internettexasholdem.com, for a $25 bonus to be released after playing 125 raked hands. Each hand counts as raked, as long as the pot reaches $1 postflop. With $50 bankroll initially, I can 2-table $25NL, with a risk of losing a stack pretty high to bad beats.
The first thing I noticed, is how fucking slow it is to 2-table this limit tables, where the players are utter fishes.. even party players have more skills than these guys. Guys would call anything with second pair. I would often min-raise preflop or on flop, to get the pot to $1. And I'd bet slightly less than flop on most the of the hands, without even holding anything. After 2 hours of playing, I had $70 bankroll, plus the $25 releases.
I make an free cashout to my Visa for a bit under $100 (on both times). So that's $50 gained by playing, and the two books I could select freely, to be sent to me a few days after the site varified my registration. The cashout takes 4-5 days, so I haven't received it yet.. but I trust it's ok. I got an email saying the books will be up to 8 weeks in the mail to outside-US. I got the books and money 5 days later.
A few suggestions to anyone doing this:
Deposit more, so that you can play at least $50NL on 4 tables (or higher if you can handle it EV+) so you'll have each bonus cleared in like 30mins.
Overplay the bonus a bit, just to be sure the poker sites won't notice you whoring. I had 250 hands played on $25NL for 125 raked hands.
Happy whoring <3

1 Comments:
What site did you use to get the books?
Post a Comment
<< Home