I'm a lazy piece of shit
It's been a month since I came from touring europe, and I just didn't have in myself to make a few simple posts. So, now I have so much shit piled up that I don't know where to start.
April
This was a pretty shitty month for me in poker. I had some family issues, and school work to focus on. Plus, I had a breakeven period at party for like ~70k hands or so. At the moment of this writing, I'm 100% sure that since party caught my affiliate paying rakeback (I didn't get anything btw, it was a scam) they cursed my acc with bad beats or some shit. Seriously, I've had bad beats and downswings... but 70k hands of losing every fucking playable hand to runner runner gutshot or flush or whatever - I just can't bear myself to play there. From this point on, I won't be even playing reload bonuses there, because my EV is negative.
June
Went railing Prague, Vienna, Bratislava, Budapest and a few other places in central europe with my gf. Funny thing is, I realized somewhere towards the end of my holiday when you've had enough of a break from poker to gain reassurance and work through the downswing. After a few weeks, I couldn't wait to get back to start playing again. I was very confident in myself, gained a lot of new perspective and just felt like I could take on the world! After coming back thought, I was sick for two weeks (yeah, sucks eh?) but managed to pull some profit.
July
Now I'm kinda finishing grinding all the bonuses I started whoring once getting back. Problem is, while my game has improved shitloads - I just don't see enough results yet. I'm still playing 50nl - 100nl with whoring-bankrolls, and I'm kinda considering settling down now to one site, where I can start actually pulling some decent length sessions. Lately I've been so fucking tired, I just can't bear to play for more than a few hours in a row. The most of the time goes to reading web comics, watching tv series, chatting and reading poker forums. While I know that studying theory is great and shit, I also remember from my war3 days that to REALLY improve, one has to put in the hours in it. I'm talking about 10h sessions, to a point where you really stop caring about the money and just focus on pushing your limits. So, for the rest of the month I'll whore the poker scene for easy bonuses - to get my bankroll solid and secure my year with enough cash, and after that I'll just settle down at one site (probably boss network, where I got 30% rakeback now) and work on taking my game to the next level. Seriously, I've fucked enough at 50nl and 100nl. I want to eventually "make it" and not just fuck around in small stakes.
I think I'll end this post here, since it covers my "what's been happening lately" and write general observations about the game and "what I've learned" into separate posts next week. Thanks for everyone taking up on my Ladbrokes promotion - while every party here got something out of it, I think I ended up doing the least amount of work in proportion to money earned. Also, I'm quite proud of noticing the opportunity here, and just jumping into it thought I've never done any refereeing or promoting before.
++Durandal, back in business -_-b
April
This was a pretty shitty month for me in poker. I had some family issues, and school work to focus on. Plus, I had a breakeven period at party for like ~70k hands or so. At the moment of this writing, I'm 100% sure that since party caught my affiliate paying rakeback (I didn't get anything btw, it was a scam) they cursed my acc with bad beats or some shit. Seriously, I've had bad beats and downswings... but 70k hands of losing every fucking playable hand to runner runner gutshot or flush or whatever - I just can't bear myself to play there. From this point on, I won't be even playing reload bonuses there, because my EV is negative.
June
Went railing Prague, Vienna, Bratislava, Budapest and a few other places in central europe with my gf. Funny thing is, I realized somewhere towards the end of my holiday when you've had enough of a break from poker to gain reassurance and work through the downswing. After a few weeks, I couldn't wait to get back to start playing again. I was very confident in myself, gained a lot of new perspective and just felt like I could take on the world! After coming back thought, I was sick for two weeks (yeah, sucks eh?) but managed to pull some profit.
July
Now I'm kinda finishing grinding all the bonuses I started whoring once getting back. Problem is, while my game has improved shitloads - I just don't see enough results yet. I'm still playing 50nl - 100nl with whoring-bankrolls, and I'm kinda considering settling down now to one site, where I can start actually pulling some decent length sessions. Lately I've been so fucking tired, I just can't bear to play for more than a few hours in a row. The most of the time goes to reading web comics, watching tv series, chatting and reading poker forums. While I know that studying theory is great and shit, I also remember from my war3 days that to REALLY improve, one has to put in the hours in it. I'm talking about 10h sessions, to a point where you really stop caring about the money and just focus on pushing your limits. So, for the rest of the month I'll whore the poker scene for easy bonuses - to get my bankroll solid and secure my year with enough cash, and after that I'll just settle down at one site (probably boss network, where I got 30% rakeback now) and work on taking my game to the next level. Seriously, I've fucked enough at 50nl and 100nl. I want to eventually "make it" and not just fuck around in small stakes.
I think I'll end this post here, since it covers my "what's been happening lately" and write general observations about the game and "what I've learned" into separate posts next week. Thanks for everyone taking up on my Ladbrokes promotion - while every party here got something out of it, I think I ended up doing the least amount of work in proportion to money earned. Also, I'm quite proud of noticing the opportunity here, and just jumping into it thought I've never done any refereeing or promoting before.
++Durandal, back in business -_-b

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home