Afraid of set over sets?
POW!
Smack!
I grew tired of losing set-over-sets so I did something about it. I had 6 quads within 1k hands, and a few of them gave me great kicks. But seriously, I once again looked over my (suited) connectors/gappers + AXs stats and even though I had a very small sample size, I didn't like the results I saw. Basically it was the same whether I spent my time playing the hands or no. Ok so, I tightened up a bit more, down to 18vpip now. And so far, it's working great. The tight image gives my steal attemps even bigger success rate - I'm getting away with just about anything reasonable (tho villains always think any two pair is a kille ron a 4straight, flush board). So I'm playing the cards which are EV++ for me, with a reduced risk. I'm up 10 stacks during the last 24h, and it'll be interesting to see how it turns up through the weekend :)
Ok so another thing I wanted to mention. Previously, I mostly played 3-4 tables with my old monitor. Now that I've increased to 7-8, it doesn't really feel anywhere. I had free time to chat on irc+surf forums then, and I have that now. There are periods when I'm completely card-dead for 10mins or so. So investing in a second monitor is very recommendable, once you turn into a positive player - you'll be able to play to full effectiveness if you can see all the tables without overlapping and mess your concentration by windows jumping over and over. Lately, I've been thinking about getting a third one :) I know I could 12-table fullring easily, if I kept my vpip around 15% ;P That is many set farm huk huk!
Smack!
I grew tired of losing set-over-sets so I did something about it. I had 6 quads within 1k hands, and a few of them gave me great kicks. But seriously, I once again looked over my (suited) connectors/gappers + AXs stats and even though I had a very small sample size, I didn't like the results I saw. Basically it was the same whether I spent my time playing the hands or no. Ok so, I tightened up a bit more, down to 18vpip now. And so far, it's working great. The tight image gives my steal attemps even bigger success rate - I'm getting away with just about anything reasonable (tho villains always think any two pair is a kille ron a 4straight, flush board). So I'm playing the cards which are EV++ for me, with a reduced risk. I'm up 10 stacks during the last 24h, and it'll be interesting to see how it turns up through the weekend :)
Ok so another thing I wanted to mention. Previously, I mostly played 3-4 tables with my old monitor. Now that I've increased to 7-8, it doesn't really feel anywhere. I had free time to chat on irc+surf forums then, and I have that now. There are periods when I'm completely card-dead for 10mins or so. So investing in a second monitor is very recommendable, once you turn into a positive player - you'll be able to play to full effectiveness if you can see all the tables without overlapping and mess your concentration by windows jumping over and over. Lately, I've been thinking about getting a third one :) I know I could 12-table fullring easily, if I kept my vpip around 15% ;P That is many set farm huk huk!

1 Comments:
Damn you set farmer! But the more tables, the lower winrate! It's a fact, even if it's not by much! Kyylä!
Post a Comment
<< Home