Monday, March 13, 2006

This is how we roll -_-v


The 20" beauty. I went with Samsung 204B, and I got it $70 cheaper than the retail price, from the CHEAPEST shop in Finland. Almost GER price. Even in this photo you can see how much brighter it is, than my old 19" LCD, despite it's in darkest mode (it has different modes - text being the darkest and brightest being for movies, which is absolutely *drool*). The greatest surprise was, how great it is to work with a 1600*1200 resolution. It's fucking fantastic, you can see all the porn pages without scrolling, see 4 powerpoint slides in a readable-sized text, two word documents... and two monitors really kick ass for schoolwork too.

Ok so today I finally got my account funded, and I'm back at cracking skulls at $100NL. Felt great to end my session positive despite getting outrivered AA vs JJ. These you-can-skill-win-and-make-money feelings are great, after downswings and shitty months. I'm gonna crush $100nl this month and make shitloads of money, grr!

So, how has the second monitor changed my playing style? I studied quite a bit of theory while not really playing and took my time to go through my pokertracker database. Turns out I've been playing (suited) connectors and gappers around EV+-0, with some of them negative. The thing is, even if they're marginally positive - they're not worth playing since instead I could open up more tables and hunt more TPTK and sets. Those are nicely positive in my playbook. The added tightness of my image allows gives my steals more EV+ and less bad time when I get on a steak where my opponents call all the time. So, I've tightened up my play.. and I'm more aggressive now. Seriously raising near potsize now, instead of a bit more than half the pot. It's funny how I've always talked about raising noobs potsize, but not actually doing it.. and then paying the price when they catch. So, much tighter and much more aggressive.. and as we know tight/aggressive is the road to money. We'll see how it turns out. At the moment I feel great.

HEAR ME ROAR!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home